The Mission Concept
- Giving the AI only one power plant (other than the ones powering factories) versus the player's two.
- Having the player start in a hard to reach location.
- Painting the player's buildings yellow so the AI can 'think' that there is no enemy nearby for the first couple of turns.
- And giving the AI a good defensive base close to where the player starts.
What happens if multiple factories are destroyed at the same time? The simple thing is having the dialogues pop up one after the other, but that makes the dialogues feel disconnected. The way-too-much work option is to write a separate dialogue for each possible combination of factories.
And what if a factory is the last factory to be destroyed? That calls for yet another different dialogue for each factory. And that's before differentiating between whether or not the yellow blobbies still has power plants up when you blow up the last factory.
The AI is Confused
* And we're not done yet with this mission. Among other things, we still need to decide whether the AI needs to defend the factories in a more active manner. But luckily, that's a simple thing and implementing it will hardly take any time at all, I'm sure ;).